Mortgage referrals and insurance products, including segregated fund policies, are offered through Freedom 55 Financial. Michael Horne, Jamie Meldrum, and Michael Irwin offer mutual funds through Quadrus Investment Services Ltd.
Meldrum Horne & Associates values and protects client privacy
Meldrum Horne & Associates is committed to protecting the privacy of all customer personal information that we collect and maintain in the course of carrying on our business. We are pleased to provide you with the following Privacy Protection Notice which describes how we collect, use and, when needed, disclose your personal information when we do business with you. Please read this Privacy Protection Notice as it is required by the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (Canada) and similar provincial privacy legislation and call us at the numbers indicated in this Privacy Protection Notice if you have any questions.
Client Acknowledgement and Privacy Protection Notice
- Client Record and Personal Information: The personal information collected about me for the purposes identified in this Privacy Protection Notice is held in a record called the “client record”. The personal information in my client record may include my name, address and telephone number, social insurance number, birthdate, account holdings, personal loan balances and the name, address and social insurance number of my spouse, beneficiary and co-borrower (as applicable). Depending on the investment, personal loan product or service you request, additional information may be held in my client record.
- Providing My Information to Meldrum Horne & Associates: When I complete an application form or otherwise open an account with Meldrum Horne & Associates, I am providing personal information where applicable, information concerning my spouse and my beneficiary in order to:
- a) apply for personal loan product;
- b) make an investment;
- c) provide Meldrum Horne & Associates about an outstanding personal loan product I already have or an investment I have already made, or
- d) receive information related to pre-approved personal loan products or investments for me.
- Collecting, Holding, Using and Disclosing Personal Information in my Client Record: Meldrum Horne & Associates with whom I have an account may collect, hold and use the personal information in my client record as well as collect personal information from or disclose my personal information to the third parties identified in section 4 for the following purposes:
- a) identifying me and ensuring the accuracy of information contained in my client record;
- b) assessing my financial situation and conducting credit investigations to determine my eligibility or continued eligibility for personal loan products or pre-approved personal loan products;
- c) assisting my financial advisor/dealer in determining the suitability of my investments;
- d) establishing and administering my account, determining, maintaining, recording and storing account holdings, loan balances and transaction information in my client record;
- e) sending information related to pre-approved loan products or investments for me to me or my financial advisor/dealer;
- f) executing transaction with or through Meldrum Horne & Associates including transferring funds by electronic or other means;
- g) providing me and my financial advisor/dealer with loan and investment account statements, tax receipts, financial statements for the investments that I have made, proxy mailings, registered plan notices, transaction confirmations and other information which I or my financial advisor/dealer may request as needed to service my account;
- h) meeting legal and regulatory requirements, and
- i) verifying information previously given by me with any other organization when necessary for the purposes provided in this Privacy Protection Notice.
- Third Parties: Meldrum Horne & Associates with whom I have an account may collect my personal information for the purposes identified in this Privacy Protection Notice from third parties such as my financial advisor/dealer, other financial institutions and mutual fund companies, my employer or others providing a personal reference and from third parties who represent that they have the right to disclose the information. Meldrum Horne & Associates with whom I have an account may disclose my personal information for the purposes identified in this Privacy Protection Notice to third parties such as my financial advisor/dealer, self-regulatory organizations including Market Regulation Services Inc., the Investment Dealers Association of Canada, the Mutual Fund Dealers Association of Canada, Bourse of Montreal Inc., and the Canadian Investor Protection Fund, other financial institutions and mutual fund companies, Canadian governments and government agencies, for example, the Canada Revenue Agency, personal loan and deposit product record-keeping companies, account statement preparation and mailing companies, Canada Post, courier, imaging and document storage companies. If I wish to withdraw consent to the continuation of this information sharing or to discuss the implications of such withdrawal, I may call Meldrum Horne & Associates at 613-233-9105 or send an email to email@example.com. In some circumstances, legal requirements may prevent me from withholding consent. My decision to withhold consent may also limit the products and services that Meldrum Horne & Associates is able to provide me because the disclosure to third parties is a necessary part of making the product or service available to me.
- Using my Social Insurance Number: Meldrum Horne & Associates with whom I have an account is required by law to use my Social Insurance Number when submitting tax reports to the Canada Revenue Agency and may provide it to third parties engaged to provide income tax reports.
- Employees Who Have Access to my Client Record: Employees and agents of Meldrum Horne & Associates may have access to my client record provided they have a specific need to know in connection with the purposes identified in this Privacy Protection Notice and access is permitted only to the extent necessary for such purposes.
- Location of My Client Record: My client record is kept in electronic format at Meldrum Horne & Associates offices in Ottawa. My client record in paper is kept at Meldrum Horne & Associates in Ottawa. Paper records forming part of my client record may also be kept in offsite storage in Ottawa. My client record may be transferred to other locations for disaster recovery purposes.
- Right to Access and Rectify Personal Information: Except in limited circumstances prescribed by the Protection of Personal Information and Electronic Documents Act (Canada) and similar provincial privacy protection legislation, I am entitled to access, through a written request the personal information contained in my client record including any credit reports obtained by Meldrum Horne & Associates. To the extent required by law, I may verify this personal information and request that any inaccurate information be corrected. I can contact Meldrum Horne & Associates at 613-233-9105 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If my concerns are not resolved to my satisfaction, I can contact the Privacy Compliance Officer, Meldrum Horne & Associates, 220 Laurier Avenue West, Suite 520, Ottawa, Ontario, K1P 5Z9. I may also send an email to email@example.com.
Meldrum Horne & Associates appreciates your business and promises to handle all questions or input regarding personal information in a prompt and courteous manner. Please inform us of any change in the personal information that you have provided by contacting Meldrum Horne & Associates at 613-233-9105 or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.